Monday, February 20, 2012

Remedy in a jar


I have dry itchy skin; wait, I used to have dry itchy skin. After years of scratching my arms and legs, it was apparent that some ingredient in commercial soap was the culprit. After searching the web for remedies, I found a recipe for a liquid soap. Starting using it for my bath and immediately, stopped itching. Then it became my face soap; now my face is as soft as...well you know.

Here's the recipe:
1 cup liquid Castile soap ( I use
Dr. Bronner's unscented Baby Mild soap)
1 cup water
1 tsp. vinegar ( I use cider vinegar)
1 tsp olive oil.
Pour into a container and shake before each use.

That's it...couldn't be simpler. Only problem is that the vinegar and oil kinda congeal on the top so between uses it looks sick.

Enter my jar.
Using a pint Mason Jar and some Old Violet chalk paint and wax, my redesigned jar now holds the soap that I love so much. In case you're interested in getting one, I bought the foaming soap dispenser from Heather at her Post Road Vintage Etsy shop.

If you try the soap, let me know how you like it.









No comments:

Post a Comment